AcDc

AcDc

Tuesday 21 October 2014

target audience (survey results)

i made a survey so i could get a gereral idea of how i should construct my magazine. in my survey i asked these questions:
1. What age group tends to read rock magazines 8-16  17-25  26-34  35+
2. What main three features would you expect to see on the front cover of a rock music magazine.
3. Which magazine name do you think suits a rock magazine the best.  Hurt  J4K Music  JJM
4. What camera angle would be best for a band that has two members who will feature on my front cover, content page and double page spread.

From my survey i have found these results.

My target audience is going to be 17-25 year olds. This might change because in this century a lot of 40+ year olds still listen to rock music like ac-dc.

The main three features of the magazine front cover featured band/ artist, a Big headline in a bold professional font, a color scheme that contains a primary and secondary color, other headlines advertising the content inside the magazine.

the name of the magazine is going to be Hurt. i think this is a suitable name for a rock magazine as it is quite dark.

And that the shot of the band for my front cover should be a slightly low angled mid shot, this will make the band look powerful and also intimidating if that is the image that is trying to be achieved.

these results will help me when i make my magazine as i have gathered all the information that i need to make my magazine from my target audience.
the house styles chosen by my target audience were Red, Black and White. these are good colours as they are easy to incorporate into every day life and I will be able to get my cover star to feature in the magazine wearing one or two of the colours

No comments:

Post a Comment